Rudy Canoza

> usual suspect wrote:
>
>>If you think killing one animal for food is wrong,

> i do. That's why i'm a vegan.

You have no basis for saying that, particularly give
that YOUR diet also causes animals to die. The only
difference is in the disposition of the corpses: the
animals killed for YOUR diet are left, chopped to bits,
to rot in the field; he eats some of the animals killed
for his diet.
>>why do you so non-chalantly turn an eye to the THOUSANDS
>>of dead animals for your "vegan" food

> Examples please - instead of these wild-eyed and hollow accusations.

See Dutch's link to Stephen Davis's paper. You can do
your own search in Google Groups for "collateral
included deaths in agriculture" by someone named "diderot".

>>SO LONG AS THOSE ANIMALS AREN'T TO SATISFY WHAT YOU CALL
>>"THE SAME URGENT NEED" TO EAT?

> That sentence fragment does not make any sense, but at least i'm not
> eating the flesh of a dead animal for my next meal. That's the
> difference.

So, this is purely about your warped sense of
aesthetics, then. I thought "vegans" were supposed to
be concerned about "animal rights", but here you are
blabbering away about your sense of pretty.

>>your diet causes animals to die.

> Again, examples please.

No one seriously disputes it. See "diderot's" posts,
and Stephen Davis's paper.

>>In reality, how the **** are you more ethical than he?

> i never mentioned ethics, but i'm glad you did. My diet is more
> compassionate than yours is and hence vegans are more ethical than you.
> Trust me.

So, we see that you ARE making this some kind of
counting game. See my comments in another reply.
Virtue is NEVER established by comparing yourself to
others (whom you usually have demonized _ex ante_, as
you have done here.) Virtue consists ONLY in abiding
by moral principles, something you are NOT doing in
refraining from eating meat; you are only following a
****witted, ethics-free rule.

>>They are morbid exercises.

> Eating brown rice and other grains is a morbid exercise? Do you realize
> what you are trying to say here? Maybe you could tell me which is the
> more morbid of the two, eating a bowl of brown rice or eating a banana
> for desert.

How many animals died for each? How the **** would you
even know? Do you know how rice is grown, dummy?