crymad

Alex Chaihorsky wrote:
> Cowboy -
>
> Try to roast older TGY and you will absolutely love it (my
> experience). I am yet to decide which method (actual roasting
> or microwave) is better, but they both work. It looks like
> actual roasting works better with green teas. I am strating to
> think (you heard it from me first!) that may be it makes sense
> to introduce a new procedure into normal brewing of tea -
>
> 1. Take out of container 2. Roast in microwave or other heater
> 3. Do whatever you do normally (wash chahu, wash tea, brew...)

I too have been experimenting with this procedure on some very
coarse, very cheap, green tea procured from a local Middle East
grocery. It may be of Ceylon origin, but I threw the box away and
so can't confirm at the moment. At any rate, roasting briefly
before brewing transforms this very mundane tea into
something...almost remarkable. They details are still being
ironed out, but when I nail down the technique, I'll report back.

Microwaving I've yet to try. I have no aversion to this
contemporary contraption, but some year ago my trials on
roasting sesame seeds in the microwave failed, and so I'm a bit
doubtful.

--crymad