rmg

"Wazza" > wrote in message

> "rmg" > wrote in message
> m...
> :
> : HI,
> :
> : I'm using a preserved meyer lemon recipe which constitutes blanching and
> : slicing the lemons. mixing with coarse salt, and jarring covered in

lemon
> : juice.

<snip>

> My feeling is you can always add the flavour later, it does nothing more

for the
> preservation (than salt/citric acid would do).
> As you may have found, the flavour changes over time, but jars can last a

long
> time (and do in my kitchen because I start a jar whenever I can get cheap
> lemons/limes). Opinions differ as to whether to use the pulp or not, again
> purists would not, but I can't waste that lovely flavour.
> Uses, obviously in certain (not all) tagines especially if the lamb is a

bit
> fatty. With fish and shellfish, just a tiny amount en papillote. Added to
> mayonnaise and as a base for Indian pickles (in oil). But be careful of

fusion
> type dishes, they can turn into 'confusion' dishes ;?)
> HTH
> cheers
> Wazza

Yes, I was thinking last night I could just separate some out and add the
cinnamon and allspice for just that amount, a few days in advance perhaps.

Regarding the pulp, I don't really understand why it's even included if the
juice could be extracted and used to cover the skins for preserving. Skins
only. Follow my drift?

cheers