Roy

>I can assure you that the problem you are
>showing here is extremely rare.

I doubt about that... I have used a series of kitchen aide mixers
overseas , and had experienced what DEE had(with those made in Korea
model) and those machines( or preferably I call toys don't have the
robustness for breadmaking.
I have no problems with those' toys/ for cakes and cookies but for
bread....I would settle for HOBART C-100 for small scale
breadmaking..From my more than 30 years in baking I cannot remember
that such institutional equipment ever put me down.
But your toys?( the Kitchen aide mixers), better display it in Toys R
Us<g>..
Or just relabel it as good for household baking, specially for cakes
and cookies.but ( as a consolation)remind them that it can be used
also for occasional breadmaking done...... once in a blue moon<g>
I think its time that your company should ,re think ,re invent and
drastically modify your machines knowing that homebakers are doing
more bread than in previous years..Therefore if a housewife will buy a
mixer now ,there is more likelihood that it will be used for
breadmaking never for cakes and cookies as those cheap hand held mixer
can do those things satisfactorily.
If I am in the position of the hobbyist baker, and I don't have a good
mixer for bread at home, I will not invest my money on your lousy toys
but would use my hand for kneading my bread dough and would settle for
cheaper mixers for my other baking purposes such as those batter based
goods.

Roy