rmg

Default Preserved Meyer Lemon Question

HI,

I'm using a preserved meyer lemon recipe which constitutes blanching and
slicing the lemons. mixing with coarse salt, and jarring covered in lemon
juice.
The lemons are apparently used in Moroccan cooking - I just didn't want mine
to go to waste.

I have 2 questions.

1. The recipe I'm using from epicurious just uses lemons, salt, and lemon
juice. I saw another recipe which includes a few cinnamon sticks, allspice
berries, and peppercorns. Are these essential? I have them all. Do they
compromise the "meyer perfume?"

2. Has anyone used these for things besides Moroccan dishes (which I'm sure
I'll try). If so what did you do? Did you also use the pulp? Thanks

Rox