Eric Jorgensen

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:42:44 -0400
"FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:

> "Roger" > wrote in message
> >> Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
> >> Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.
> >>

> > Look on Ebay searching for "Universal bread". There are six of them
> > available this morning. The correct term seems to be "bread maker"
> > rather than bread pail.
> >
> > See, for example
> > <http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/...eum/object_006.
> > html>

> Oh, I see. You can't buy this as a new item. It's an antique. And
> as such it has an antique price. I see one already at almost $50 and
> another at $68 US. I think that's a little exhorbitant. I'll stick
> to my Kenwood.

I rescued a similar device, an Acme ice cream maker, from my
grandfather's workshop. Unfortunately, a few of the pieces got lost at my
parents house somehow. Individually, only the dasher and lid are obviously
from an ice cream maker - the rest of it looks like a bucket, another
bucket with a hole in it, a funny screwdriver, and an unusual bracket.
Some day i need to spend a few more hours digging around for the outer
bucket, bracket, and drive shaft. Damn thing worked pretty well.

Looks like a reasonable design. There are a bunch on ebay, a persistent
person could get one for under $40, but, yeah.