Roger

Dave Bell wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Roger wrote:
>

>>If you're feeling lazy you can chuck a dough hook into your drill press
>>(you have one, right?) and do some serious kneading. For the price of a
>>low-end KitchenAid you can get an industrial-stength motor built to
>>crank that kind of load all day long. Plus it has a vast number of other
>>uses.
>>
>>Roger

> Huh! Now, that's an interesting idea!
> I'll have to look at mine, but I'm not sure how slow I can get it to run.
> What's a good RPM for bread kneading, anyway?!?
>
> Dave

As slow as you make it go. On mine that's 180 rpm, but I think that's
still pretty fast. Half that would be ideal. Going too fast puts you in
danger of over-kneading. You also need a good way to clamp the bowl down
lest it be tossed across the room :-)

Next time I buy a drill press it'll be a serious variable speed
machine-- all the better to make bread, of course!

Roger