Matthew L. Martin

BOB wrote:

> All I'll add is that the salt dissolves better (faster) in warmer
> water. I have boiled the brine, but that changes the taste because
> the sugars in the citrus begin to caramalize (or something). The
> powders do also seem to mix in faster with the hot or warm water.

I generally dissolve the sugar and salt in hot water off the heat. I add
spices and herbs while it is still warm and then use ice and cold water
to get to the correct volume. That way I don't have to worry about
undissolved ingredients or having to chill the brine before I can use it.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?