Roger

I mix my bread (up to 6-8 loaves at a time) in my Universal Bread Pail.
It never stalls, never breaks, works like a champ, and you don't even
have to plug it in. They ususally cost only about $20 on Ebay to boot
(make sure you get the clamp!). Sometimes old technology has its place.

If you're feeling lazy you can chuck a dough hook into your drill press
(you have one, right?) and do some serious kneading. For the price of a
low-end KitchenAid you can get an industrial-stength motor built to
crank that kind of load all day long. Plus it has a vast number of other
uses.

I have an electric mixer but it goes virtually unused. A spoon, a wire
whisk, or the bread pail are almost always faster, easier and more
convenient as well as providing better feedback about what's going on in
the bowl.

Roger