Mike Avery

Eric Jorgensen wrote:

>I don't see why we argue about this. A lot of people like the KA just
>fine and they can keep using them. If people ask my opinion I'll tell 'em what i think of them. For most people they're probably just fine.

The big issue for me is that I think people don't like KA's for the
wrong reasons. "The nylon gear!" is used as a reason to hate KA's and
Whirlpool. But, the gear predates Whirlpool's aquisition of KA from Hobart.

Since I don't have a Whirlpool era KA, I don't know how much the product
has gone downhill. Or if it has at all. Every manufacturer makes its
share of lemons, and the KA that started leaking oi is clearly a quality
control issues. Still, I am not sure how much of the KA reliability
issue is due to people who don't read the manual, overuse the machines,
and then complain that the product is inferior.

Mike