M. E. Sievert

Dimitri,
I am in St. James several time a year. Different from most of the
German pedigreed wineries in Missouri, St. James, both the town and
winery were settled by 19th century Genovese Italians escaping malaria
in Arkansas. I can't make this up :-)
With many local vineyards, some VERY old, St. James Winery makes a
norton that, at least to me, drinks well with pasta and mid-western
BBQ.

Meramec Winery is a rather new venture set up just down the block from
St.J. so as to catch some of it's traffic. The best thing I can say
for it is it adds nothing to the local cultural flavor. I can't even
say if they produce their own wine there :-/

Best regards,

Mark