DaleW

"I'm surprised that Brun even does a BN. What's the motivation, I
wonder? His L'Ancien is such a good wine that I'd think he'd be better

off selling it all in that form. Young vines, perhaps (the name argues

against that, however) "

Definitely not young vines- in addition to the "L'Ancien" nomeclature,
there's a Vieilles Vignes designation in corner.

My guess? One or both of 2 things:
1) Before the BN hype of the 70s/80s, there was a tradition of using a
bit of the juice for BN, and Brun is a (modern quality oriented)
traditionalists.
2) Cash flow. One of the tough things in most agriculture livelihoods
is that sales come once a year. A little infusion of cash in the fall
might be welcome.

BTW, this was about $10, not substantially less than the regular
L'Ancien.

cheers,Dale