JimLane

Default Kona coffee, a la Smithfarms

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>

>>sf wrote:
>>
>>snip
>>

>>>Baloney. Coffee isn't caviar and it can sit for up to a
>>>week without losing quality if you begin with quality beans.
>>>One of my family members works for Peets, so I get any
>>>coffee I want for free on a weekly basis (and I want it
>>>pre-ground). News flash: The good stuff doesn't degrade
>>>overnight.
>>>

>>Just because you cannot taste the falloff does not mean that no one else
>>can tell the difference. Why don't you take your silliness to alt.coffee
>>and see how well it flies?

> Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee grinders
> over the past years. Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the
> grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with it, cleaning it, it
> taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my
> time...it's just another useless appliance IMNSHO.
>
> I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know
> when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
> through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
> resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
> guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
> professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then spit
> it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...
>
> I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal
> to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No
> reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
> things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)
>

>>Bwahaaaahaaaaaaaaa!

> You wouldn't know the difference between good Kona and roasted goat turds,
> putz.

As a matter of fact, I do. Do you, is the real question. Because you
play at one level does not mean others play at a more discriminating
level. I can taste the fall off after 72 hours, but do not object to the
change. Oh yes, where did sf mention "freezing" the coffee? What was
said is that "it can sit for up to a week..." That is not frozen. Had sf
said that, I would have not disagreed.

Have you passed reading and comprehension 101 yet?

jim

jim