Default Research resource

Anthony > wrote:
> The ability through Amazon to look inside many of their books seems to me an
> awesome research tool. For example there was a recent thread in which the
> OP wanted info about bouillabaisse; I went to Amazon, looked up the Oxford
> Companion to Food and was able to bring up the piece on bouillabaisse.
> Maybe this is old hat to some of you, but it was the first time I'd used it
> and I was amazed!

The ability to search actual book contents on Amazon.com is a fairly new feature. It
became available two or three months ago. From what I have read in the news, many
book publishers are against the idea. I do not blame them. I suspect this feature
will either end entirely or be paired back soon because it does really violate
copyright laws, in my opinion.