Boron Elgar

Default Kona coffee, a la Smithfarms

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:28:09 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>They let me know
>when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
>through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
>resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
>guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
>professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then spit
>it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...

They must be letting you know when they roast, then, as green,
unroasted beans can be stored for ages...months or longer ...the clock
starts ticking on "freshness" once it is roasted. And professional
tasters are all over the place. Even Manhattan has a bunch of them.

>I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal
>to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No
>reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
>things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)

This has nothing to do with snobbishness. Some folks like margarine,
some like butter. Some can drink Thunderbird and others prefer
vintage. Some like to drive and are happy with a Geo Metro & others
need a BMW for contentment. There really are differences in qualities
among such things. That one person notices and is bothered by anything
less than the best of something, means nothing more nor less than
that. Preference.

Really, of all places to talk about the desire for quality foods and
beverages to be silly or anal, this group surely isn't the place.

Boron