Dee Randall

"Sapphire" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The recipe sounds delicious! Even though it would you be your first
> time baking it - and you really shouldn't - I would substitute the
> apricots and the liquor with raspberries and a raspberry liquor. I am
> sucker for chocolate and raspberries, and tend to think they go better
> together than chocolate and apricots - but then again I am not an
> apricot fan .
>
> Good luck!

There's something about the idea of sachertorte made with apricots that seem
to conjure up "sachertorte." When I hear raspberries and cherries and that
sort of thing, I think of other types of cakes made with chocolate, of
which there seem to be plenty of. Don't our tastes run different, for I
never have liked the combination of raspberries and chocolate, always biting
into an unnamed choc/raspberry chocolate and putting it aside - price of the
box of chocolates never being a consideration. One time many years ago, a
friend of mine baked me a cake for a going away present party. Believe it
or not, it was ?? chocolate decadent?? isn't that the one made with
raspberries and chocolate -- Needless to say, I'll never forget it -- tee
hee!
Dee