MikeD

Thanks to everyone for your replies and opinions.

I'm still searching for the reds and whites to stock as "house wines",
and I'm definitely going to seek out some of the bottles you've
recommended. This does, however, lead me to another dilemma: a better
tasting methodology.

Up to this point I've purchased several random bottles of wines that
interested me, uncorking another as soon as I could finish the first
bottle (or pour it down the drain if it wasn't worth finishing).

I realize the proper method of tasting is to compare three or more
bottles at the same time, and up to this point I was just getting my
feet wet. I'm now going to begin tasting two bottles of like wines
(varietal, appellation, or winery) at a time (I can't justify opening
three bottles at a time as I can't finish that much wine in a week or
so, and I have no one to share it with--being the only wine drinker in
the house.)

Does anyone have any additional advice or experience in holding personal
tastings of this nature? Is there a better way to handle this for
someone who is trying to taste a broad range of wines?

-Mike

http://www.webwinerack.com - Wine, Wine Reviews, and Wine Information