Robert Ruzitschka

Timothy Hartley wrote in :

> The Mogon we usually buy is from Roland Petit at Domaine de
> Montplain though we have also had other good Beaujolais from
> both of the Caves Cooperatives at Fleurie and Chiroubles and
> also from M. Pein at the Domaine de Rochebonne at Theizé in
> Southern Beuajolais.

I agree with the recommendation of the cave de Fleurie. I had some
Fleuries not too long ago that were very nice (even from the not
very highly estimated 2001 vintage).

> Whilst on the subject several of the Maconnais cooperatives also
> provide good everyday drinking at a fair price — Lugny and
> Vinzelles spring to mind as does the Cave at Buxy for Montagny
> and cheap red Pinots.

From the Cave in Buxy I tried two wines:
The basic Montagny from '02 that was fairly nice - clean and crisp
Chardonnay but buying that here in Austria is not really
attractive, you get a lot of local wines similar in style with
better quality for less money.
The second was a Premier Cru Montagny from '98, tasted in 2004. I
remeber that it was really satisfying, a nice maturing white
Burgundy.
May be I'll by around Buxy this summer - I'm sure I'll try to taste
the stuff from "La Buxynoise".

> Cheers,
>
> Tim Hartley

Regards, Robert