jacqui{JB}

oups.com...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...6_17595,00.htm

> The recipe sounds delicious! Even though it would
> you be your first time baking it - and you really
> shouldn't - I would substitute the apricots and the
> liquor with raspberries and a raspberry liquor. I am
> sucker for chocolate and raspberries, and tend to
> think they go better together than chocolate and
> apricots - but then again I am not an apricot fan .

But then it wouldn't be a Sachertorte, which is a very specific concoction
of chocolate cake with apricot filling. Don't knock it 'til you've tried
it -- it's really lovely. Of course, I might be somewhat biased, since I
ate Sachertorte for the first time at Cafe Sacher in Vienna -- enough to
color anyone's perceptions.

The original Sachertorte recipe remains a closely guarded secret, but I
think the link posted by the OP (restored above -- and hey, Sapphire, would
you consider quoting a bit of the posts that you reply to? That way your
posts don't just hang out there, referring to nothing if propagation is
wonky) sounds fine. To my mind, the most tricky thing is getting the
chocolate glaze right. A sponge cake is a sponge cake is a sponge cake, and
the quality of the apricot filling will depend on the quality of the
preserves, but the glaze is quite specific.

Anyway, give it a try -- and it would be really nice if the OP got back to
us, to tell us how it went.
-j