cutecat

"MikeD" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hunt:
>
> I knew I'd get an international flavored response. My question wasn't
> geared so much towards running out and trying to find those wines as it
> was to get a feel for what people in the NG prefer.
>
> I see a lot of responses listing French wines, so I guess I better get to
> work trying a few.

>> This is one good reason for people to post their location, when asking
>> for recommendations. Now, I know that you were just interested in what
>> everyone was drinking as a "every day" wine, but did you see the spread
>> in people's choices - try and find some of those (probably great wines,
>> especially for the $) in Omaha, NE/US, especially at the Piggly-Wiggley.
>> <G>
>>
>> Hunt

Good point about the location often semi-dictating the selection. I live in
Seattle, where I can fairly easily barrel taste the Walla Walla and Yakima
Valley wines two/three times a year, a definite advantage when buying less
expensive stuff by the case. Right now I use Hogue Fume Blanc 2004, a
DiStefano rose got on case sale (shared with a friend who has a discount),
Animale Syrah 2002 (pre-sale, as my longtime friend lives two doors down
from the winemaker), and a JM Cellars Cab/Merlot blend.