aem

Mike Van Pelt wrote:

> ACSH hadn't entered my awareness until now, but the CSPI you
> could hardly avoid hearing about in the U.S. -- They have nearly
> weekly press conferences, with extensive fawning media coverage,
> always with all-too-predictable hyperventilated scaremongering.
> [snip]

Right. The one tends to announce positions as an organization. The
other tends to write and speak through its staffers bylines, with the
organization sometimes identified in the headnote or footnote, as in
the OP here. They have been opposing advocacy groups for decades on a
broad range of issues. I first heard of ACSH when they opposed
regulating/banning DDT.

When conservative media like the National Review, Fox News, the
Washington Times, and the Wall St. Journal want articles, op-ed pieces,
or quotes on issues like FDA proposals, food safety issues, drug
reviews and other pharmaceutical industry issues, they often get them
from the ACSH.

> Actual science... What a concept.

We would do better with actual science AND with mad science, if we
could rid ourselves of politicized science. -aem