tranch

Default First Picnic Ham

Did my first picnic ham today for pulled pork. It wasn't quite
"excellent" but came pretty darned close, thanks to all the info I've picked
up on this NG.
Started it his morning about 8 AM and kept the temp between 250 - 275
all day long. Had a probe thermometer in the meat and when it reached 195
took it off the smoker. Took a total of 7 hours to cook, finished about 3
PM. Pulled the pork, wrapped it in foil put it in the oven warming drawer
and held it there until 5 PM when we ate dinner. It tasted even better than
when it first came out of the smoker. One thing I did notice was I should
have used hickory for smoking. Had apple wood so decided to use it. Meat
tasted good, was tender and juicy but I thought it needed a "smokier"
flavor. Everyone else thought it was good though. Not bad for my first
attempt.

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.