Dave W.

In article >,
Tony Rice > wrote:

> Kate Connally > wrote in :
>

> > I prefer to make my own from a clone recipe. It tastes
> > just like the real thing that you get at the Skyline
> > stores in Cinn. Actually, I like the texture slightly
> > better.

> Care to share?

I hope Kate posts hers. Here's the one I use. Recently I've taken to
using venison when I've got some handy. Even used Elk a couple of years
ago. That was pretty good too.

Sally's* Cincy Chili

1 quart water
2lbs ground chuck
2 medium onions chopped fine
4 cloves garlic
2 tbs vinegar
2 8oz cans tomato sauce
1 large bay leaf
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
2 tsp worch. sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp salt
(optional; 1/2 tsp ground cardamon)
(optional; 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
5 whole allspice
3 tbs chile powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 very small piece baker's bitter choc. (1/2 oz)

Put water in large saucepan. Add ground chuck and boil slowly for 1/2
hour.

Add other ingredients and cook over low heat about 1 1/2 hours stirring
often.

Serve with very thin spaghetti and grated cheddar cheese. I serve it
with oyster crackers and chopped onions.

If chili needs thickening, try a tablespoon or two of masa flour.

Do not under any circumstances put beans in this chili during
preparation. If you must have beans in your chili, put them in when you
serve it. I don't like beans in Cincy Chili, but, hey, to each his own.

* one of my younger sisters

Regards,
Dave W

--
Living in the Ozarks
For email, edu will do.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell, (1903-1950)