Bob (this one)

Sheldon wrote:

> avocado wrote:
>
>>Anyone know?

> Depends a lot on which rice... but generally 1 cup raw equals 3 cups
> cooked. The best you could do is before cooking weigh both the rice
> and water, then extrapolate for evaporation...

"The best..." Bwah. "...extrapolate for evaporation..." That's a lot
like, um, guessing.

> or simply run a test
> batch. What are you preparing, I've never seen a recipe calling for
> cooked rice by weight...

....and Shecky the Wizard has seen *every* recipe on earth...

> and why would it matter if you cooked a little
> extra, nothing costs less than rice, which is the primary reason so
> many zillions subsist on it. Btw, I've never seen a recipe calling for
> avocado by weight either, or sold by weight... you are either a troll
> or dumber than a banana.

Or someone who doesn't use the normal American volumetric approach.
Anyone from virtually any other country on earth weighs recipe
ingredients for the sake of precision and consistency. Just like
professionals in the U.S.

But what would our resident U.S. Navy cook (retarded) know about
precision or professionalism?

Pastorio