RsH

http://www.breadbeckers.com/electrolux_assistent.htm shows it is the
other way around, and Magic Mill is the importer and provides the
warranty in the US... Magic Mill is in effect buying from Sweden
[Electrolux] and selling it in the US and Canada because Electrolux
does NOT sell it in North America.

http://www.nutritionlifestyles.com/dlx.htm says The Electrolux
Assistent (formerly Magic Mill Assistent) but it is still imported by
Magic Mill...

http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/item5022.html [King Arthur]
claims it is a viable alternative to a Hobart...

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/mag..._dlx_mixer.asp shows the
usual and also has added components for a higher price but less than
if they were ordered separately. They also claim to have to bread
recipe books developed for the Assistent.

http://www.epinions.com/content_123440303748 for a long review by
someone who bought and was using one...

http://www.magicmillusa.com/ still shows it called the Magic Mill
Assistent but the site has not been updated since 2002...

The basic machine has been around since 1940, so it is 65 years old
and has not changed much in all that time. Most of the features are
identical, but modernised.

FWIW
RsH
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:34:05 -0600, Mike Avery
> wrote:

>LDR wrote:
>

>>No mention of the Magic Mill, the Swedish mixer? I swear by mine,
>>handles 10 cups of flour and barely gets warm, and the dough that comes
>>out is window pane wonderful. (I started out with the KitchenAid 5-quart
>>and gave up on it, because the only thing it had in common with Hobart
>>was the name.)
>>

>The Magic Mill is no being sold as the Electrolux Assistent (I may have
>their odd spelling wrong).
>
>Mike

Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!