Steve Calvin

Vox Humana wrote:
> "Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message
>
>>On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:37:57 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I have the Seal-A-Meal. It works fine. The bag material for the SAM is
>>>very thick and tough. My only complaint about this unit is that you have

>>One question:
>>
>>A difference between the old Daisy Seal-a-Meal, which my mother had,
>>and the new Tilia Foodsavers, is that the older one melted a stripe
>>part of the bag, and the Tilia seems to melt a line only.
>>
>>What does the new SAM do?

> The Rival SAM only seals a thin line. I think that a wide band would be
> better.

I've never had the Rival so I can't compare either but if my Foodsaver
ever breaks (had it 4 years and many many sides of beef, venison, and
everything else) I'll order a new one the next minute. I've lost
absolutely nothing due to freezer burn since I got it. The bag material
is a tad expensive, but you can find it on sale and it's reusable after
being turned inside-out and washed in the dishwasher.

--
Steve