Ralph Kennedy

"Charles Gifford" > writes:
> "Matthew Hennig" >
> > Please to not be referring that vile concoction as chili. Call spaghetti
> > sauce what it really is.
> >
> > MH

> Utter nonsense. It certainly is not vile if one likes it....as I do. It
> isn't called chili, It is called Cincinnati Chili. It makes all the
> difference. A rival to Skyline is Empress. Here is a recipe for Empress
> Cincinnati Chili.
>
> Charliam
>
> EMPRESS CHILI
> Cincinnati Style
>
> Recipe by: Empress Diner, Cincinnati, OH, from the Boston Globe
> Posted by Felice Friese, rfc, 30OCT02
>

> 1 lb. ground beef
> 2 cups water (or less)
> 1 garlic clove, whole
> 1 onion, diced
> dash Worcestershire sauce
> 1/2 can tomato paste
> 1.5 tsp. vinegar
> 3/4 tsp. allspice
> 1 bay leaf
> 1/4 tsp. cayenne
> 1.5 tbs. chili powder, or to taste
> 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
> 1/4 tsp. cumin
> 3/4 tsp. black pepper
> 2 tsp. salt
>
> Options for 3,4, and 5 way chili
>
> spaghetti, broken and cooked
> Cheddar cheese, grated
> chopped onions, optional
> oyster crackers, optional
>

> Crumble meat into water and add all other ingredients. Simmer at least 1
> hour or up to 3 hours. Remove bay leaf and garlic clove. Serve over broken
> up spaghetti with grated Cheddar cheese on top. Optional additions, chopped
> onions and oyster crackers.

When I went to Cincinnati to visit my sister,
I told her to get that vile crap out of my face
and to never serve it to me again if she ever
wanted her son and daughter's uncle to be more
than just a dim memory to them.

--Ralph Kennedy {ames,gatech,husc6,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!kenne dy
{allegra,decvax,ihnp4,oddjob}--^
^---------------The Wrong Choice
internet: