The Ranger

Janet Bostwick > wrote in message
==>Man's Intervention with Natu Native Species Suffer<==
> I can't find it now, but I have read exactly as you speculate above.
> The article that I read was in direct reference to the Yellowstone
> Park area and the negative impact of the brown trout. The
> wealthy young men of the late 1800's were quite sophisticated
> travelers and also had their eyes on business opportunities in
> North America.

That's the way it has been in many areas throughout the US (and the world).
Men continually introduce a species into an area because without any
forethought into what it will do to the native species. Short-sighted
planning on multiple fronts.

My favorite is cats. I love them a lot but they are one of the MOST
destructive animals on the planet; their ability to adapt to any environment
is almost-legendary. Native birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, and
many mammals are compromised with the introduction of this opportunity
predator. Gahdz Ferbid there's a male-female set... Domestic cats can (and
will) ruin an ecosystem within two generations.

The Ranger