The Ranger

http://www.frs-scotland.gov.uk/FRS.W...?contentid=741
> > (when the above link breaks, use this:
> > http://tinyurl.com/4nty6 )
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://www.rook.org/earl/bwca/nature/fish/salmotru.html
> >

> Thank you, The Ranger. I enjoyed looking at all the links
> and I wonder how a fish that is native to Europe is now
> found in most parts of the world.

The easiest, and most often correct, guess is man's blind love of something
and wanting to "enhance" the environment he's currently inhabiting. I'd bet
that some well-to-do trucked some over from the Olde World to the New World
at some point in our recent pasts because of his fond love with the European
Brown. The native fish gave way to the new predator (trout are very
aggressive predators) and very territorial.

I'm sure one of the USA's DFGs (Dept. of Fish & Game) will have done an
impact study on them at some point in the last 40 years or so. I was amazed
at all the information on Coho Salmon and Arctic Greyling when I was fishing
more regularly.

The Ranger