Doug Weller

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:49:22 -0500, in rec.food.cooking, -- wrote:

>"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" > wrote in message
.. .

>> > BTW, drinking a bottle of carbonated beverage slowly, e.g, a drink

>every
>> > few minutes, corrodes the teeth more than any other mode of intake.

>> But will it clean the scale out of my toilet better than C.L.R.

>Definitely - it's base ingredient, phosphoric acid, is used to clean the
>rust and scale off the surfaces of the air conditioning water-plates on the
>chillers on the large buildings. Works pretty good, and better than just
>about anything else.
>
>However, CLR doesn't eat out the pipes in the sewer lines as badly.

And Neiman-Marcus wants $200 for their cookie recipe.

How can you call something a 'base ingredient' that is about 0.20 to 0.30
per cent of the total formula? Exactly how does such a tiny concentration
make it a base ingredient? And do you know how powerful gastric acid is?

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

Doug
--
Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com