Dan Logcher

Jean B. wrote:
> Dan Logcher wrote:
>
> Yeah, I always used Conimex. Haven't looked for it recently. Pricy
> Cardullo's used to stock a good amount of Conimex products, but they may
> just have a few dregs now. I gather from what you say that I am in for
> an unpleasant surprise when I next need powdered laos (etc.).

I haven't seen it locallyin Asian and Indian markets. Online works though.

>> Soup buns? Are those a different item?

> Have we gone in different directions here? Yes, I most recently was
> speaking of soup buns.

What are they? Not sure I know what that is.. Is that like the crueller
for Congee?

>> One of the cashers at their Allston location said that Malden had already
>> opened. But I guess she didn't understand the question. That is one of
>> my issues with that location. Almost every employee does not speak
>> English.
>>

> Oh :-( I guess they either weren't interested even though they acted
> like they were, or they later rejected that idea.

Sure seems it from the email. Oh well.

> Guess I will end up exploring Malden--or I will just go back to the one
> near BU.

Malden location should open later this summer. Aye Ya!!! This location is
closer to Rt. 1 than Rt. 93. That's a pain.

> BTW, have you explored Kam Man in Quincy?

I don't travel to Quincy anymore, since all family and friends have move
from there.. I stay North Shore as much as possible.

> Oh yes, also, I didn't see any Sichuan peppercorns in Methuen last
> Sunday. I am somewhat concerned that this store had virtually no one in
> it when I was there--and they seem to have more open space.... It is a
> very good store, and I would hate to see it close.

You think they are going to close? Then you'd really have to trek in town
for your products.

--
Dan