Jean B.

Dan Logcher wrote:

> Powdered Laos is the only one I can't easily get.. though I haven't
> tried all that hard yet. I've poked around in a few Asian and Indian
> stores hoping the find a steady supply. No luck yet. I've found it
> online, just haven't decided to buy it. Conimex is the brand my
> parents use.. here's a good site
> http://www.hollandbymail.nl/conimex_list.html

Yeah, I always used Conimex. Haven't looked for it recently.
Pricy Cardullo's used to stock a good amount of Conimex products,
but they may just have a few dregs now. I gather from what you
say that I am in for an unpleasant surprise when I next need
powdered laos (etc.).

> Soup buns? Are those a different item?

Have we gone in different directions here? Yes, I most recently
was speaking of soup buns.

> Here's their response:
> Dear Customer,
>
> We currently have five locations as shown in our website. A new Super 88
> Market will be opening at 795 Eastern Avenue, Malden later this summer,
> an exact date will be posted as soon as it's determined. Please check
> our website for updates. Super 88 Marlet is not opening a store in
> Burlington.
>
> Thank you for contacting Super 88 Market and hope you visit us soon.
>
> Customer Service,
> Super 88 Market
>
> One of the cashers at their Allston location said that Malden had already
> opened. But I guess she didn't understand the question. That is one of
> my issues with that location. Almost every employee does not speak
> English.

Oh :-( I guess they either weren't interested even though they
acted like they were, or they later rejected that idea.

Guess I will end up exploring Malden--or I will just go back to
the one near BU.

BTW, have you explored Kam Man in Quincy?

Oh yes, also, I didn't see any Sichuan peppercorns in Methuen last
Sunday. I am somewhat concerned that this store had virtually no
one in it when I was there--and they seem to have more open
space.... It is a very good store, and I would hate to see it close.

--
Jean B.