Scott

Default Kona coffee, a la Smithfarms

In article > ,
"Fred" > wrote:

> I like Kona as well. I think it ranks right up there with Jamaican Blue and
> like. Incidentally, I sell coffee and always take mine home ground rather
> than grinding it at home. Why? Because the commercial burr grinders we
> have at the store produces a more uniform and flavorful grind than my home
> machines. Since a lb. of coffee only lasts less than a week at our house,
> it's always fresh enough. No need to imagine people cringing.

Unless you're making espresso, only blade grinders or the worst of burr
grinders will have a significantly worse quality grind compared to a
commercial grinder. My Solis Maestro makes a quite uniform grind for my
vac pot.

Considering that ground coffee stales in less than a day, you're losing
FAR more than you're gaining by grinding at the store.

please mail OT responses only