Dan Logcher

Jean B. wrote:
> Dan Logcher wrote:
>
>> It is! It's not exactally a whole day.. there's breaks of time between
>> chopping, cooking, and last prep.. plus beer to keep the chefs going.

> I'm gonna have to round up the ingredients and try that.

Powdered Laos is the only one I can't easily get.. though I haven't
tried all that hard yet. I've poked around in a few Asian and Indian
stores hoping the find a steady supply. No luck yet. I've found it
online, just haven't decided to buy it. Conimex is the brand my
parents use.. here's a good site http://www.hollandbymail.nl/conimex_list.html

>> Opps, I was mixing thoughts of Mary's and Sichuan Garden II. I meant
>> the buns at SG2. My son likes them..

> I like them too--but better if they have not burst!!!!! I can see that
> these small buns (although they were marginally bite-sized last week
> when I had them again) are a must. I am intrigued with the making of
> these soup buns. They start with a gelatin, I hear, which makes sense.

Soup buns? Are those a different item?

>> Ok, well I added my $.02. Hope they start thinking about it.
>> Their website doesn't have their Malden location listed, so I mentioned
>> that as well.

> I hope they have been thinking about it, since they seemed to like that
> idea when I wrote, and that this will give them more impetus.

Here's their response:
Dear Customer,

We currently have five locations as shown in our website. A new Super 88 Market
will be opening at 795 Eastern Avenue, Malden later this summer, an exact date
will be posted as soon as it's determined. Please check our website for updates.
Super 88 Marlet is not opening a store in Burlington.

Thank you for contacting Super 88 Market and hope you visit us soon.

Customer Service,
Super 88 Market

One of the cashers at their Allston location said that Malden had already
opened. But I guess she didn't understand the question. That is one of
my issues with that location. Almost every employee does not speak English.

--
Dan