Dr. Cajones

First, you can't compare today's versions of all of these brews to what we
drank back then. Some on the list were of better quality then, than where
they ended up years later. And there were many choices other than those on
the list, (which seem like a bit of a popularity(numbers) contest), like
Samuel Smith, St. Pauli Girl, as well as draught imports at quality German
or other "ethnic" establishments. In my hometown, a small city in western
Mass, we had a restaurant/bar which had fresh Spaten on tap all year long,
as well as an Irish social club which always had fresh Irish made Guinness,
until they started making it elsewhere for our market. Of course the brews
in Belgium, England, Germany and elsewhere were probably better then too! I
would love to live & quaff in Belgium! *g*

dj