Boron Elgar

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:42:33 -0400, Terrel
> wrote:

>> "AK" > wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
>> willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

>A lot of baking recipes call for greasing and flouring the pan. When
>I'm making a bundt cake, or using any kind of a pan with
>grooves/fluting, I use a pastry brush to grease the pan. The pastry
>brush makes it easier to get the shortening into all the grooves in
>the pan. I also use the pastry brush to help spread the flour into the
>grooves.
>
>Terrel

I spray it on with Pam or some generic equivalent, toss in a tbsp or
so of flour, and turn the pan, while holding it over the sink, to get
the flour into the grooves. One less thing to wash. No need to tip
the oil jug at all.

Today I baked 6 loaves of bread ( 4 of Carol Field's cocodrillo and 2
rye from "Bread Alone"), put up 2 quarts of strawberry jam and made2
batches of chocolate chip cookies. The kitchen needs a good cleaning,
but I am happy. Anything that saves a step or the cleaning of an
implement here and there is always a godsend.

Boron