Roy

Priscilla I started baking also at a young age around 10 years old,
first just watching my mom. My mom got ****ed off with me whenever I
pester her with so many questions.
So to whet up my curiosity, he kept me busy..,prepare the pans,and
other utensils etc.
Whenever she makes bread , she wants me to help knead the dough( which
was for me was fun)., Gradually she introduced me on the basics, I made
by simple white bread and she watch me as I followed the recipe he
simplified for me.
I did not get it right after a few trials, the bread either did not
rise well, taste yeasty and had poor appearance, etc but as I was
persistent and really curious I gradually learned from my mistakes, and
improved my bread. From that she introduced me how to make pies, cakes
, cookies, and pancakes. At a young age I had my share of oven burns,
scalds etc but I was not daunted by the pain, the effort and sweat and
she was really impressed.
I never regret that experience as that was what prodded me to take
chemistry in college as I love mixing things up and working with my
hands, and it was the outgrowth of my deep interest in baking at a
young age.
Therefore from my experience when a kid wants to play around in the
kitchen be sure that is not a flash in the pan or just a sudden impulse
of curiosity to know something but really a sincere desire to learn on
things by themselves.. Let them realize that its not all fun at all
that you sometimes get hurt in the point of doing it.
My mom admonished me several times about the perils of kitchen work but
I was a stubborn kid. Finally my mom relented and that was the time
she' baptized' me to baking by allowing me to help her in the
baking chores. .
If you are a very protective mom, and have a weak stomach for kids
crying in pain as his fingers and skin got burned or scalded, better
think twice before you allow your kid to do the kitchen stuff that
involves baking and cooking.
Always keep in mind, there is no royal road to knowledge and consider
that pain is big part in acquiring knowledge and skill and its more
difficult to teach a kid who had so much curiosity and usually
hyperactive.; than grown up person say a teenager.who has already gain
some form of maturity what kitchen work is all about.
So think about it carefully.
Now regarding the recipe it does not matter, don't ever try to
influence here with your peculiarity such as diet restrictions as that
will tend stifle learning. A whole wheat loaf is a bit difficult to
make than a white bread. Even as a kid it took me a long time to get my
wholemeal bread right than with the white bread.
It is good also that she likes the product he or she makes as even if
it does not come out good she or he will still take pride of the
results and even consume it.
Roy