"Bob Myers" > wrote in message
> Apparently there are no "Mythbusters" viewers here...the guys
> on that show (Jamie & Adam) already did an episode in
> which the supposed nasty properties of Coke were put to the
> test. The abbreviated form of the bottom line - nothing. It
> didn't dissolve teeth or bones, it wasn't a particularly good
> cleaner, etc..

I don't know about any test by those two amateur clowns, but if it's like
many of their schemes I have seen, don't bet the house on their results.
Mostly visuals, little science.

I used diet pepsi to clear a red-rusted frozen vise-grip just last fall.
24 hours in the soda, covered, and the rust was pretty much gone.
My son was intrigued/amazed, and the vise grip is working like new.

His high school science class had had a chicken bone in coke and it dissolve
the minerals, and "it turned to rubber" as he said (collagen remained).

So if those two couldn't get it to work, they could call a high school
science teacher and ask for directions. Or they mioght even do a
calculation on the ph and volume, and check ph before and after their test
to see if they ran out of solute before visual results were acheived.