Michel Boucher

Default Why is beef so expensive?

sf > wrote in
:

>> > Perhaps Canadian politicians aren't very smart, but in the
>> > US, a great many of our politicians were once lawyers and
>> > that's why we have laws and regulations only a lawyer can
>> > understand. They know how to take care of their own.

>> Obviously, you missed the point.

> Nope, I didn't miss the point you THOUGHT you made.
> You didn't make it. However, I will agree that both of
> us HATE Bush and think he is told what to do by advisors
> who are totally out of touch with "commoners".
> <he's the idiot in charge of the asylum>.

Actually, you did miss the point *I* was making which is that the
drafting of legislative instruments in parliamentary democracies,
where there is a division between the legislative and the executive
branches, is a more or less uniform system. But maybe you don't
actually know how legislation and regulations are drafted whereas I
work for the Parliament here in the area of publications and bloody
well know how legislation and regulations are drafted. And I have
some more than passing familiarity with how it is done in 13
provincial and territorial parliaments as well as some foreign
countries, including the US and Great Britain.

> Fortunately, my visit to your lovely city this summer didn't
> give me a single hint of your attitude.

Ah, yes, our lovely city...in which you were a tourist and didn't
speak the language. Your experience must have therefore been all
encompassing eh.

Talk about me being arrogant...boy, you take the forking cake...

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003