Bob (this one)

Sheldon wrote:

> Katra wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>>>I find it works well if you put sections of the vanilla bean in with dry
>>>granulated sugar - no liquid.

>>>It obviously depends on how much your grinding. At most, a very few
>>>minutes.
>>>

>>Now that is a clever idea!
>>The dry sugar would keep it from being sticky!

Scrape the inside of the pods very well to get out as much of the paste
as possible - it should feel almost dry. When that's done, chop the pod
into pieces, add the sugar (or flour or cornstarch or whatever dry
ingredients seem appropriate) and whirl it in a processor or spice mill.
Do it until the pieces are small enough to suit you. It can run from
seconds to minutes. You'll have better results doing it with dry
ingredients than wet. In water or milk, the pod pieces will just be
pushed around through the liquid. They'll eventually be broken down a
bit, but nothing like with the dry materials. There's more resistance to
their being pushed, so they break down more quickly.

> Yeah, clever... and novel too... now that it's written why don't yoose
> copywrite vanilla sugar, right alongside cinnamon sugar.

<LOL> Poor, sulky, intransigent Sheldon. Has to keep on and on about
what he's so dead wrong about. Proven wrong, demonstrated to be wrong,
refuted at every turn... so he takes little shots from the periphery...

Poor, defeated Sheldon who *still* doesn't understand what copyright is
and isn't. He can't seem to grasp that you don't have to *do* anything
for copyright to accrue. It's automatic, like sunrise and Sheldon's
vulgarity.

Pastorio