TFM®

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Brick" > wrote in message

>>> I will spend no more than 30 seconds per slab attempting to remove
>>> the membrane. If it comes off easily, off it comes. Otherwise I
>>> don't lose any sleep over it.
>>>
>>> Matthew
>>>

>> I've tried a few times to get the membrane off and have never
>> succeeded. I've never been able to pull it loose. I've even gone so
>> far as to employ a
>> pair of pliers to hang on to it. Finally, I said F$%^ it. Once
>> cooked, the ribs never last long enough to even discuss it.
>>

> I don't get it at all, and maybe somebody could 'splain it, but I've
> never seen anyone pull the membrane off a rack of ribs before cooking
> them, other than some city boys trying to be scientists.
>
> Jack

I've pulled a few off in my time. It lets the seasoning get in the
backside.

Looking back at what I just typed..........it sounds pretty ***, but I *was*
talking about rib membranes.

IMNSHO, it don't matter. Ribs are thin.

Let those that are anal retentive peel their ribs. The rest of us should
just cook and eat them.

It is teh suxor typing like this. I have 6 fingers and 2 thumbs available.

TFM®