ferrante formato

twenty years ago you
> would have had a hard time finding any good wine there, apart from a
> few exceptions like Mastroberardino.

In early '70 Mastroberardino settled a wine-based scale economy based
upon a vinification procedure and vineyard style settled by Fiore
Bottiglieri, a graduate in Agriculture Sciences, and Luigi Ferrante,
founder and first headmaster of the "Scuola Enologica di Avellino" -School
of Enology in Avellino -. Fiore Bottiglieri had been working to prompt
Irpinia's vineyards to produce larger quantity of grape since 1930.

Mastroberardino has been happily sustaining this school and has been among
the promoters of the attribution of DOC labels to the vineyards in the
Avellino county.
Probably the very innovation introduced by Mastroberardino was the
conversion of a family-held activity into a worldwide commercial businness.
Probably by so doing some original features have been lost to market
specifications. In my opinion white wines in Irpinia are generally average
wines with some high ranking exceptions

When I told about Grenache, or Guernacha I had in mind the Guarnaccia ,
which in some
documents -such as this site -
http://www.obesiweb.it/ivitigni.htm

Is classified as white. If this is wrong, thanks for your correction
ciao
--Ferrante

http://www.italystore.com/eng/sardegna.html

http://www.vinealia.org/website.asp?id=1434