Tinman

John O wrote:
>> Kill-files are for the weak.

> By the same logic, turning off the TV is for the weak,

Fair enough.

> My logic, as well as most others on this group,

I would like to think that not everyone--even here--runs for the
kill-filter at the drop of a hat.

>is to
> filter out useless noise and try to keep the signal. IOW, some people
> just aren't worth hearing.

But it's really not all that hard to just ignore posts you don't care
about. I have participated in groups with more activity than this one,
and never had a problem simply skipping over posts I didn't want to
read.

> membrane...I like to think removing it lets more fat out and
> smoke in. But, I sure liked ribs even before I know it could be
> removed.

There you go.

In the end this thread turned out very informative (at least to me).
It's not due to any help from me, but at least it branched out from my
ranting. That's gotta count for something.