Steve Calvin

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>

>> I've tried a few times to get the membrane off and have never succeeded.
>> I've never been able to pull it loose. I've even gone so far as to
>> employ a
>> pair of pliers to hang on to it. Finally, I said F$%^ it. Once cooked,
>> the
>> ribs never last long enough to even discuss it.
>>

> I use a section of dry paper towel to help hold onto the membrane once I
> get a corner of it loose. If you can get enough peeled up and get more
> paper towel around it, it peels off like taking a bumber sticker off a car.

I take a sharp knife into the middle of the rack and loosen the mem.
enough to get one or two fingers into a "pocket" under the mem. Then
it's just a simple matter of pulling it upward and working your fingers
under. Kind of like putting a pocket between a turkey skin and the meat
to stuff herbs, etc...

--
Steve