Ariane Jenkins

On 30 Mar 2005 13:55:44 -0800, Sheldon > wrote:

> So you claim to have learned from relatives, and cookbooks with no
> name, so your citations are better than mine? NOT Your replying after
> the fact with pure garbage can't trump me... if you really knew the
> answer to the OP's problem you had more than enough time and
> opportunity to reply with your what you think is your superiour wisdom
> prior to my response... you're a day late and a nickle short.
>
> Eggs are probably the most revered ingredient in Chinese cusine, eggs
> play a very important part in all aspects of Chinese culture. The
> Chinese are extremely particular in all the various machinations
> pertaining to egg usage in their cusine and they do in fact pay very
> careful attention to the proportion of white and yolk used.

Citation? You asserted that Chinese people only use yolk in fried
rice. Perhaps I missed your "citation", but so far two people of Chinese
ancestry and lots of Chinese relatives have piped up to say that none of
their family does it that way and it's certainly not an exclusive practice.
Your case doesn't look good, and you're not really helping yourself any with
posts like the above.

I also don't know where you get that idea about eggs being "the most
revered ingedient in Chinese cuisine". I'm guessing you got it from the same
place as "only yolk is used in fried rice" and "few procedures in Asian
cuisine take longer than 3 minutes". With a track record like that, people
would do well to take your helpful advice about Chinese cooking with a huge
grain of MSG.

Ariane
--
Stupidity: Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win
and never quit are idiots.