jmcquown

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> [snip recipe]
>
> > I got the recipe when we lived in Bangkok. Have you never heard of
> > whole egg stirred into fried rice? I think I'll just add a tiny bit
> > of flour as Barb suggested.

> Yes, use half as much flour as the cornstarch called for. Or, just
> skip it. Worst that could happen is that your dumplings would be too
> moist, it isn't all going to fall apart on you. -aem

I used just a couple of pinches of flour and mixed it all up. The filling
turned out fine. However, by the time I got around to doing that, I wound
up just covering it tightly in a bowl. I'll fill and steam the dumplings
today. I also thought I'd take about 1/2 of the mixture and add some
chopped water chestnuts for something a little different with a bit of
crunch.

Jill