potatoman

Anders Tørneskog wrote:

> Again, things are different in other places :-) Rude service in Scandinavia
> is 0% - zero. Standard would be about 5, very good 10%. People with expense
> accounts use to go higher, however, if they want to show off... :-)
> Anything above 15 would be very excessive.
> Anders

I have always wondered how the standard pay for servers in other
counties is worked out. In the US, minimum wage for a server (last I
checked) is $2.13, which is under half of standard minimum wage.

The strange thing is that usually in lower end restaurants, servers are
paid MORE because the tips are lower. Usually, even in nice restaurants,
servers are paid standard server minimum because they make so much more
in tips.

Anders,
Do you know how servers are usually paid, pre-gratuity, in Scandinavia?
brian