Dimitri

Default Propane bottles (an expensive lesson)

About a week ago my old gas grill bit the dust - Actually a fire started
under the bottom of the grill and I was able to turn off the tank in time.
Oh well it was time. I think it was a Thermos with a cast pot metal barrel.
I don't know haw many times I rebuilt it. Any way Target had a Brinkman 3
cast iron burner grill on sale, 45,000 BTU + a 12,000 side burner.
Reasonable price why not?

Got one of the kids to pick it up (I know I should buy a small old pick-up
for some such jobs) and bring it over to the house.

Ok Saturday afternoon I started the "assembly process" Not bad reasonable
step by step instructions with not too many parts left over. LOL.

So I wheeled it out to the back yard and hooked up the tank. Turned the
valve on Hsssssssss. Turned it off and got the soapy water. Hmmm a leak
at the connector to the tank. It couldn't be tightened down enough to stop
the Hsssssssss.

Called the 800 number - sorry only M-F...

Ok I loosened the fittings to the burners and the side burner - grabbed the
regulator hose assembly and back to Target receipt in hand. Told the kid
at the counter - no spare parts - and they could not loosen the assembly
from the floor model (they were willing but no muscle).

Ok over to the Do-It-Center. $25.00 later I have a new assembly.

Back to the back yard put it all back together. Yea!

Turn on the bottle Hsssssssssssssss. Nuts!

Go and get the spare bottle which I should have done in the first place.
Hooked everything up

No Hssssss.

Look into the bottle and see a badly cracked dark orange colored ring
inside.

Next time I'll check the exchange bottles more carefully or have the
existing bottles filled.

An expensive lesson.

Dimitri