Midlife

in article , pavane at
wrote on 3/24/05 7:16 AM:
<snip>
> But I have found that most of the classic makers
> stick with a rather moderate approach; it is just that glamour has its
> appeal and there is nothing glamorous about discussing Loonies or
> Grgich or Frogs Leap or Murphy-Goode. I have my Biale stored away,
> to bring out at the proper occasion which is usually not a for a good
> food and wine match.
>
> pavane

Through a visit to the winery (Alameda, CA) and also the intense interest of
a friend, I have recently become 'immersed' in Rosumblum Zins. Two of them,
in particular: '02 Harris Kratka and '02 Monte Rosso, we tasted and they
seem to be incredibly smooth and fruity for what I had come to think of as
Cal Zin. I just picked up an '01 Biale Zin (to replace a corked Bonaccorsi
Pinot..... sad, as I really wanted to enjoy it) and it's also called Monte
Rosso, so I'm presuming it's from the same vineyard as the Rosenblum. Am I
in for the same treat with all three??