elgoog

Michael Plant wrote:

> > scientist.

study
> > for

> >> No, my friend. 'Twas a joke, alas. I thought you were being

sarcastic
> > and
> >> facetious, at least I had hoped you were being.

> > Maybe, a little. ;-)
> >
> >> I'm sorry to have to report that there are indeed tea colleges and

> > courses
> >> of study for the agriculture and production of tea in various

places,
> > among
> >> them Japan, India, and China. (I'm not positive about India, but

I've
> > read
> >> some pretty sophisticated papers from India on tea production, so

> > guess
> >> so.)

> > Well, how about that then; tea colleges, and Indian, Chinese and
> > Japanese tea colleges! Please, excuse my mistakes, they enable me

> > learn.
> >
> > -elgoog
> >
> > "Mistakes are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce

> Sorry if I offended you. I certainly didn't mean to. BTW, Joyce is my

number
> one favorite author. Some say FW is a big mistake, but I think not.

On the
> topic at hand, I was trying to say that it is better to experience

the tea
> than to learn about it in an academic environment. But, I'm steeped

myself
> somewhat in academics, and I respect education. I'm just playing with

words,
> not necessarily appropriately. Sorry, again.
>
> Michael

Please, no apologies! I wasn't offended in the slightest. I was having
fun with the verbal word play, that is all.

Certainly, anyone with half a brain who sits down to ponder the
question would realize that the tea industry, like any other large
agrarian industry, would have researchers dedicated to their product.

This ng, like my tea, is something to be savored and enjoyed. For me,
popping a pill would me removing the ritual from tea preparation, which
I find beneficial and enjoyable in itself. Having tea calms the
intellect, soothes the soul and leads one to a nearly meditative state,
not only because of the properties of the tea; but, because of the
anticipation and the quiet, yet purposeful steps in preparation. It's
as if we are preparing our body and soul for the tea, and we would be
unworthy if we simply popped a pill.

Now, I sound like some kind of a nut tea worshipper. I'm just trying to
express that I enjoy the entire experience.